28 January 2012

Writing Again (Sorry About the Wait)

School suddenly got busy the past couple of weeks, so I didn't get much time to write.  Hopefully I'll have something interesting to say by Friday.  I was going to respond to something in the news this past week, but didn't quite get time to yet.

Baofeng UV-3R handheld ham radio
I started really getting into ham radio again.  My set is really unusual in how small it is, while still retaining enough power to reach a repeater.  It's really fun to see that there are other people in the world with similar interests.

Some of those people still need letters written to them.  Better get on that.

By the way, aced two psychology quizzes in the TC this week!

4 comments:

  1. Daniel Thurston28 January, 2012 12:25

    Ham is great, but why would anyone name a radio after it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much is one of those units, I've thought about getting my license.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They cost $30-$40. I had to pay in pounds sterling for some reason through PayPal. http://compare.ebay.com/like/320835416839?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

      It's a fun little unit. And there is a licensing test every third Wednesday in the law library at 7 pm. You have to sign up beforehand. Test costs $14. Email Steve Whitehead at nv7v (at) burgoyne (dot) com to sign up.

      Delete