26 April 2013

Mormon Scientist

Somewhere between high school and college someone a received a book in the mail: Mormon Scientist by Henry J. Eyring.  The strange part was that I hadn't ordered or paid for this book.  It simply came with a note that said, "Thought that you might enjoy this book.  -Deseret Book"  The book is about President Eyring's dad, Henry Eyring, who was a world-class chemist.  (There's a lot of Henry's to keep track of.)  I mean, this guy talked to scientists like Einstein and Heisenburg. 

I reread this book over the weekend and realized how much the example of Henry Eyring as a scientist and as a Mormon has helped me so far in my chemistry career.  Therefore, I wanted to thank whoever it was that sent me this influential book, whether it was Deseret Book or someone who wanted to remain anonymous.  It's meant a lot to me to have an example to look up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment