18 November 2011

Reflection on Fatherhood


As I read this article, I had the following thoughts.  Perhaps it is what I am supposed to learn from Sister Dalton's talk this last conference.
I realize that my children, especially my sons, will decide to become like me for no reason, other than that I am their father. I need to be a good example to them. What a tremendous responsibility! I would be very afraid of ever becoming a father, of being wholly responsible, along with my wife, for the well-being of one of God's children. But that's the thing. They are God's children as well. He will help me and my wife, as we consult with Him in prayer, as to the things that we should do that will best help each individual child. And at the same time we get to enjoy watching this child grow, learn, and develop, becoming each day more like each of his fathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment