21 April 2012

Kubb and Geohashing

Ahhhh!  I forgot to finish this (really, start) yesterday.  But it's because I was busy bowling.  And playing Kubb.    It's an awesome game from Sweden, or something.  Go read the Wikipedia page if you really care.  But I made a set out of wood, with the help of some people who have access to big woodworking tools.  I've only lost once to my Dad.  That being said, I've only played him twice.

In any case, I've also discovered (sort of rediscovered), and subsequently modified, geohashing.  The problem I had with it is that the area where the random point could appear is so large.  But I found that if instead of using an entire degree in either direction, I use a tenth of a degree, the location is much closer, easier to get to, yet still probably somewhere I've never been to before.  I think it would be awesome to do this on Saturdays with friends, if anyone else is up for it.

And, Happy Birthday, Danny!

No comments:

Post a Comment