06 April 2011

The Most Complicated Bell Schedule in the World!

If it's the second Tuesday in March, what classes should you go to?  What about the fourth Friday in October?  Well, if you need this calendar to figure it out, maybe your system is just too complicated.


I remember when I started high school that we had 7 classes a day and we went to all of them in order, every day.  It was so simple.  Just do the same thing day after day.  There was no good excuse to being late to anything.  I understand the advantages of having 8 classes a day and benefited from it during my senior year, being able to take certain classes that wouldn't have been offered otherwise.  But is it really worth all this hassle?

Warning: changing bell schedules may lead to absolute madness.
Notice that this is Calendar D for this year.  Just pick a calendar and stick with it!  Maybe bell schedules are also subject to Arrow's Impossibility Theorem - there isn't a perfect one.  Sometimes I think that girls are subject to it too, but that's besides the point.

Really, I'm just glad that I go to a university now and have different bureaucratic problems.  At least here they have offices that, while disguised as advisement centers, are bureaucrat busting centers.  And the schedule is whatever you want it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment