22 July 2011

Ahh! It's already Friday again!

First of all, sorry if you were used to clicking on a link to see this blog.  I didn't want to force anyone to sign in to see this, but I didn't want people who are looking for my campaign information to come here looking for it, since it isn't here.

Lots of exciting things have happened this week.  First of all, Chandler Childs is home!  So, welcome home, Elder Childs.  Looking forward to causing all sorts of trouble with this kid (which is code for somehow having a groundbreaking scientific discovery in his backyard/garage).

Second, I've already been contacted by two different groups that have at least said that they want to interview the candidates, or something like that, but they haven't shown much interest in doing what's necessary for that to happen.  One group still hasn't emailed me like they said they would (twice!), and the other didn't really seem accommodating of my schedule.  It's not my fault that I've had this trip to San Francisco planned for months now, which puts me out of town until late Tuesday night.  So, you can understand why I'm frustrated when I receive a call on Thursday asking for a meeting on Tuesday.  That's less than a week's notice.  And I'm running for a part-time position.  That means that I'll have a life outside of politics even if I do get elected, so why would you assume that I don't right now?  Does it make sense that people would be available to meet on Tuesday at 2 pm, assuming they have real jobs and are trying to support a family?  Lucky for them, I'm not and I only work part-time currently, but school will start soon and I'll definitely get busy.  I'm looking forward to fighting the stupidity of bureaucracy and government policy in the coming weeks, while trying to balance school and work, and then somehow find time to meet and date girls, in order to eventually find someone that wouldn't mind marrying me.

Well, I'm off to San Francisco to get away from the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment