15 July 2011

City Council

Well, a couple of interesting things happened this week.  I went on a trip with my Dad, brother and sister, and some of the Sanford clan to Northern Minnesota.  My aunt and uncle own a canoe outfitter business out there and a cabin.  We stayed out there a couple of days, canoeing out for one night on the Boundary Waters.  It is such a beautiful place.  I'll probably put some pictures up eventually, but just google BWCA and see what it looks like for yourself.

I also decided to run for city council this week.  There are five of us now running for the District 3 seat.  We'll just see how things go.  I would love to win and be able to more directly influence the political process, representing those in my neighborhood.  But it is an election and not everyone can win.  I'll do my best though and give it all I've got.

Also, Chandler Childs comes home this week!  That's pretty exciting.  I'm looking forward to hearing his Upper Peninsula accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment