24 August 2012

Eternal Marriage

That's how many days I have until I get married.  Exactly seven weeks from this afternoon, and I'll be sealed (married for time and all eternity in a temple of the Lord) to my favorite person in the whole world forever and ever (and then a little longer).  I think that inside the Church marriage can appear a little more serious than outside the Church, or at least a little more stressful.  I mean, if things work out the way they are supposed to, and there are life events that create less-than-ideal circumstances, this is the person you will be with, not only for the rest of your life, but for all eternity.  And to others it might seem like 22-year-old college students aren't mature enough to make that big of a decision.  What is often forgotten is the Lord's role in the decision-making process.  After all, the marriage covenant is a three-way covenant between husband, wife and the Lord.  Additionally, in my mind, we are commanded to marry, if we have the opportunity to, and the Lord has promised multiple times in the scriptures that He will help us keep His commandments.  That is why I can make this extremely important and eternal decision calmly, especially at such a relatively young age.  I know that this is what I'm supposed to be doing, and that, especially now that I've made my choice, this is the person I'm supposed to marry.

So, while I'm nervous about whether I'll remember to do everything I can to make my wife happy every day, and other little things, I'm not nervous about whether this is the right thing to do.  I already know it is.

2 comments:

  1. You are mature beyond your years, one of the many reasons I love you.

    "Serious" -- predicate adjective to the linking verb "appear." You don't usually make mistakes like that. I've always wondered why your English is incredible.

    Hugs, and more hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I fixed it. And, for some reason, I got incredible English teachers in high school. I can't think of any other reason, especially since I haven't taken any English classes in college.

    ReplyDelete