31 August 2012

The Best Family Home Evening Ever - A Love Letter (of sorts)

Dear everyone in the world (and I guess especially the people who read this blog),

I want to write you in letter format today to tell you that I have the most amazing (future) wife in the world.  I apologize to those who don't agree with that statement.  You don't have to, but it's my blog.

First of all, she makes me so happy.  There are many days where I think about exactly what I'm getting myself into in getting married.  I'm instantly reminded of the way she laughs with me, cries with me, and just loves every part of me.  She knows exactly what I'm thinking, what I'm feeling, and strives to make our lives joyful.

I feel so ungrateful when I am confused at the way she does things sometimes.  I'm learning that if I just let her do things, they turn out so much more beautifully and better than I would have thought possible.  Plus, her love of the gospel and her constant desire to do what is right is a reminder to me of how far I still need to progress in the gospel.  The thought that someone as wonderful as her would want to sacrifice educational and vocational plans in order to be with me is simply mind-boggling.

She is very creative, and is always up for a challenge.  I suppose I am often one of those challenges.  She is patient with me and my crazy behavior.  She enjoys exploring the skills she already possesses, and discovering new ways of doing things.  I mean, she loves cooking complicated, delicious meals.  Could I be any more blessed?

No, Glen, I don't think you could be.  Heavenly Father has given me an incredible gift, and I know there isn't any way that I could have attracted a more perfect young woman.  I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for helping me find Hayley (and convince her to marry me).  And I'm grateful to Hayley for the many times we share together that I often feel I don't deserve to be having.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you do deserve the whole shebang! You are a valiant warrior in God's Army. I can't wait to meet her. I am so happy for you and so proud of you. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete