22 March 2013

Blessings of the Temple

The Provo Utah Temple
Yesterday, I got the chance to go to the temple with my brother and watch him make sacred covenants with God in preparation for his service as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It was such a wonderful experience!  It comparison to the other buildings of other faiths that I have visited, the temple always brings the Spirit more fully, and it is always such a calming experience.

In the temple, we make sacred covenants with the Lord, just as He has always asked his people to do. The ancient Israelites had the tabernacle while they were in the wilderness, and the temple in Jerusalem, until it was destroyed.  Thankfully, the Lord has once again given his people the opportunity to make sacred promises with Him.  These promises have been a wonderful blessing to me, both on my mission, and in my marriage, and are the choice blessings the Lord promises His people over and over in scripture.

1 comment: